What we do
(1) School-based Social Work
- Enhanced STEP-UP
- CCSS is approved by Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) to provide Enhanced STEP-UP (ESU) services to both primary and secondary schools — individual and group counselling to students at risk of dropping out and out-of-school youths to help them create positive changes in their lives.
- ReARTiculate is a CCSS’ initiative to engage at-risk youths in primary and secondary school through the arts. It aims to help them discover their innate potential and empower them to make a positive difference in their lives.
- Students will be taught an art form (performing or visual arts) by Ministry of Education (MOE) and National Arts Council (NAC) approved professions, followed by groupwork sessions that draw out learning points that can be applicable to their lives. They will also be taught life skills that help address their at-risk behaviours.
- Chemical X
- Chemical X is a groupwork that uses strengths-based and experiential learning approaches, targeted at Secondary 2 and 3 students who face issues such as weak academic performance, school absenteeism, behavioural concerns, or low self-confidence and low self-esteem. We believe that all youths have the ‘Chemical X’ – unique personality styles, intelligence, and talents to be discovered and developed.
- Through Chemical X, youths will undergo personality profiling and acquire invaluable life skills that will remain relevant even beyond their time in school. Chemical X aims to be the catalyst to inspire these at-risk youths by helping them gain awareness of their personality styles, motivations, and personal strengths, and be presented opportunities to grow in self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Chemical X will be run by a Certified Behavioural & Career Consultant, and a team of MOE-accredited and trained Counsellors.
If you are an educator interested to engage our services for your school, do email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 6304 7604.
(2) Community-based Social Work
- d’Klub Programme
- d’Klub aims to inspire and motivate children from disadvantaged family backgrounds to rise above the challenges faced, to develop and achieve their potential. This is done by building their sense of self-worth and instilling positive values through the informal social support network provided by the volunteers and staff of d’Klub.
- Children under the programme will go through an hour of 1-to-1 tuition, followed by an hour of either games or character building curriculum. They will also have opportunities to interact with peers and volunteers, improving their social skills and having a positive role model by their side. In line with the Systems Model, we will also reach out to the family of the children to get support and work together to help their children.
- d’Klub operates Every Saturday at 4 locations:
- 9:30am – 12pm: Stamford d’Klub, New Town d’Klub & Queenstown d’Klub
- 2:15pm – 4:30pm: Macpherson d’Klub